What I'm doing This Week (+Why I've Been So Absent)


Goooooooood morning!

I have a feeling that this blog will just be a never-ending cycle of me apologizing for my inconsistency. These past few weeks have been insane. On top of my full time job, I'm also a volunteer music photographer and my volunteership has been SO crazy seriously. Usually I just go to one show a week, take photos, edit within a few days of the show, and submit my favorite photos to the publication. But recently, we've been doin' big thaaaaangs. We interviewed Krist Novoselic (formerly of Nirvana) and then Chris Ballew (formerly of Presidents of the United States of America) about their new projects (they each have Seattle shows coming up that you should all check out! I've been writing more interviews with local bands which has consumed all of my writing time recently. And tomorrow, I'm off to Idaho to cover Treefort Music Festival. So sorry that I haven't been here, but if you miss me, you can always check out www.ballardvox.com and go to the News section to see my interviews with Seattle bands.

Alright, let's get to the good stuff. What's goin' on in Seattle this week:

Monday

Tonight, Glazer's Camera is having a Photography Essentials class for anyone who's interested. If you're looking to let loose, Ozzie's in Queen Anne has karaoke starting at 9 and Populuxe Brewing  has Pop Trivia at 7:00.

Tuesday

I had a bunch of people interested in Yoga with Cats when I previously mentioned it, so I'm here to tell you that, once again, you can do yoga with cats at Seattle Meowtropolitan at 8:30 on Tuesday the 20th.

There's also Doctor Who Trivia at The Runaway at 7 and I think that the Terrarium Making + Beer Tasting at Redhook Brewlab sounds pretty cool.

Wednesday

Ozzie's has karaoke again at 9 and Bar Ferd'nand is doing Wines of the Pacific Northwest at 5:00.

Thursday

More Yoga with Cats if you missed it on Tuesday.

If you have extra time, there's an Elysian Snowshoe & Sip at Crystal Mountain that sounds so fun! If you don't have time but still want to drink and do something fun (and who doesn't?) there's a Drink and Draw at Capitol Cider: you get to go drink cider and draw a model. How fun?!

BY FAR my favorite of the day is After Dark Happy Hour: Must-See 90s TV at MoPop. They have a costume contest.

Friday

If you like rap music, ASAP Ferg will be at Showbox SoDo. Tickets are sold out through the Showbox website but, if you wait to buy resale tickets until the day of the show, they usually get super cheap.

Monsterwatch is an awesome local band that will be at Real Art Tacoma but if you want something completely different and further north, #All4Doras is a hilariously brilliant 90s cover band who will be at the Tractor Tavern in Ballard.

There's also the Seattle Coffee Crawl if you need some stimulation and if you want a laugh, you have got to check out Trevor Noah at the Paramount.

Saturday

Go support the Ballard Preschool Co-op at their Gently Used sale!

Elysian is hosting a Hustle to Fight Homelessness in which, if you donate any of their indicated items, you get 10% off.

And for all of you who worked yesterday, there's another Seattle Coffee Crawl. Yum.

Sunday

Hustle to Fight Homelessness is still going on!

Also, there's a free self defense class at Chop Suey at noon and a Paint Party at Skookum Brewery in Arlington.

I promise to post more than one post this week. I will see you soon.

Comments

Popular Posts