42 Beauty Questions

Hey guys! I stole this idea from one of Veronika's (from Veronika's Blushing) posts from way back in the day, here are 42 beauty questions answered.

1) How many times do you wash your face daily?
Once on a good day. I used to only cleanse when I was going to do a full face of makeup (like, once a week) just to make my skin texture better but I’m a lot less terrible about it now. I have been really reliant on First Aid Beauty Radiance Pads, though, for nights that I’m too lazy to actually cleanse. Also, I only cleanse at night.

2) What skin type do you have?
Normal-dry. It’s usually really normal and manageable (I’ve never really been acne prone or anything) but I often get terrible dry patches all over it, especially in the winter.

3) What is your current facial wash?
I worked at Sephora for 3 years and you get a ton of free product as an employee, so I’m always just using some random thing that I received for free during my time there. I haven’t worked there full time since 2015 and I still have unopened product. Right now, I’m just using Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Oil.

4) Do you exfoliate?
Yep! Only usually on days that I’m wearing a full face of makeup, though. Which isn’t often.

5) What brand do you use?
Usually Kate Somerville Exfolikate. Except for when I run out of my free bottle and don’t want to spend $80, then I’ll be using that cheapy Neutrogena Grapefruit scrub. Judge away.

6) What moisturizer do you use?
Again, just something random I received at Sephora – Clinique Moisture Surge Intense. It’s funny because I’m not a Clinique person. I think they use a lot of filler and alcohol and there’s very little active ingredients that you actually benefit from. But it’s free and I’m young and avoid the sun so I’m not too concerned with aging right now. Oh did I mention it’s free?

7) Do you have freckles?
I do, but they’re really light unless I’ve been out in the sun. So, they’re always really light.

8) Do you use eye cream?
No, I gave all of my freebies to my mom because I’m already terrible about my skin routine and adding another step is basically just ensuring I abandon routine completely.

9) Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
Nope! Maybe for like a year in high school but that’s all.

10) Did you ever have to use Pro-Activ?
No ma’am.
 
MAKE UP 
11) What foundation do you use?

Depends on the day. I love Matte Velvet by Makeup Forever when I need more coverage, and I also love Marc Jacobs Genius Gel. I don’t wear liquid foundation often, I usually just dust on some Bare Minerals (the only powder my dry skin likes) and call it a day. Also, Fenty Beauty has amazing foundation but the color is just sliiiiigtly off for me.

12) How about concealer?
I use a super old Korres concealer pot. Guess how much I paid for it? Tricked you, it was free.

13) Do you know your undertone colour?
I’m a cool-ish neutral.

14) What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I think they save a lot of people a lot of time and can look really nice. I use them maybe 3 times a year because I don’t like that much drama usually.

15) Did you know you were supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yes but I generally act like I don’t.

16) What brand of mascara do you use?
DiorShow Iconic Overcurl is my #1 baby. The Tarte mascara in the purple bottle is a close runner-up.  

17) Sephora or Mac?
Sephora for the variety of brands…and also because I’ve literally ever bought one product from MAC.

18) Do you have a Mac Pro card?
No.

19) What makeup tools do you use in makeup application?
A ton of random brushes from various holiday sets that went on clearance at Sephora, the Sephora Pro Airbrush #55 and Precision Blush Brush aaaand a BeautyBlender.

20) Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
YES I use a primer for my eye shadow every time I wear it. And then I wear the same eye shadow for 2-3 days. #LifeHacks
21) For the face?
No, I’ve tried a few and haven’t experienced a major difference, so it isn’t worth the extra money/time spent on it.

22) What is your favourite eyeshadow? Colour or shade?
I actually love Roach and Mushroom by Urban Decay. Roach is a deeper pink/brown and Mushroom is a dark silver/gray. I usually absolutely detest silver eye shadow (seriously, maybe 4 people on this planet can pull it off. In my very humble opinion.) but this one is super pretty and I hate that I love it.

23) Do you use pencil or liquid liner?
Depends on the day, but usually black liquid. I use the pen type, like Kat von D. Sometimes I’ll also use a brown pencil. I think brown looks better with my light skin and bright eyes but I hate brown liquid and liquid is just so much easier to apply for me so my default is black liquid.

24) How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
Never *hair flip*

25) What do you think of pigment eye shadows?
Like, loose pigment? I used them a couple of times in high school but I couldn’t master the art of applying without, like, a ton of fallout so I stick to pressed powders.

26) Do you use mineral makeup?
I do but NOT because I think it’s clean and amazing and God’s gift to everyone on this planet. Bare Minerals just matches my skin tone perfectly and is hydrating enough that I can wear it with my sad dry skin.

27) What is your favourite lipstick?
I’m a matte stain girl, so I love Stila, Colour Pop, and Kat von D’s cream stains. My favorite colors are Stila’s Baci and KVD’s Lolita. Sometimes I put a gloss on top – I don’t mind a gloss/satin finish, but the matte stains just way better than any other product.

28) How about lipgloss?
Colour Pop and Naked x Urban Decay.

29) What is your favourite blush to use?
Benefit’s Dandelion. It’s a really light pink and looks natural on my pale face.

30) Do you buy your makeup on Ebay?
Never.

31) Do you like drugstore makeup?
I’m a total spoiled brat and haven’t bought drug store makeup since probably 2010. My mom bought me nice makeup as a way of ensuring I had a successful future (if you develop expensive taste, you have to get a good job to fund it!) then I got a job at Sephora and got everything for free. So what I’m saying is, I don’t know. I’m sure there are some great products which I, one day, look forward to discovering but, for now, it’s not a part of my collection.

32) Do you go to CCO’s?Cosmetic Company Outlet?
No.

33) Did you ever consider taking makeup classes?
No, I learned a lot being surrounded by makeup artists (and then becoming one). I like learning on my own and by the time I realized makeup classes were a thing, I didn’t really need them.

34) Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
No but I am messy. I always have to clean up the fallout under my eyes after I’m done applying shadow.

35) Name a makeup crime that you hate?
Eh, none. Some things aren’t for me (dark brows, bold cheeks) but other people totally rock them.

36) Do you like colourful shades of makeup (lipstick or eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
Neutral on myself but, again, I love seeing people who can pull off fun looks.

37) Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Wow this is truly something I don’t pay attention to. Probably Blake Lively because she has great everything.

38) If you could leave the house using just ONE makeup item, what would you use?
Mascaraaaaaaaaa (I do this for work, like, daily).

39) Could you leave the house without any makeup on?
Totally. And I do. 

40) Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
Uhhh not, like, good, but definitely could be a lot worse.

41) In your opinion what is the BEST makeup line?
Ughhhhhh I hate this question. Probably Urban Decay or NARS.


42) What do you think of makeup?
I have mixed emotions. I think it’s great and makes people feel good and it can be fun and everything but like…I wouldn’t be upset if it were never invented. Like who decided we didn’t look good enough as is? I don’t like them. I’d have a lot more time and money if they were never born. 

Comments

Popular Posts