What I Ate Wednesday

Alright I know it's Thursday but here were my meals from Wednesday. Happy almost- Friday!!


Breakfast - Cacao quinoa with some fruit.  
 I toasted some slightly damp (freshly washed) quinoa for 3 minutes, then dumped in 2 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
let it sit for about 20 minutes (until all of the milk is absorbed) and then mixed in about 2 tbsp of Cacao, then chopped up a banana and threw it and some strawberries in there. If you want a sweeter breakfast, I also added some raw cane sugar on top.



Lunch - just some tuna with avocado oil, chopped pickles, and a little balsamic. I ate this on GG crackers for some fiber.

Dinner - crock-pot Mexican casserole! I put some raw ground turkey in the pot with a can of corn, a can of black beans, 1 whole green, orange, and red pepper, and some quinoa with a little chicken broth. I let it sit over night and then ate it with my GG crackers for some fiber and topped it with cilantro and salsa. 




That's all! I had some snacks, too - Skinnypop, half of a peanut butter RX bar, and an Annie's fruit snack. I'm really trying to eat whole foods these days and get healthier without using things like Diet Coke and Sugar Free "sweets," to cut cravings. I do still have protein shakes if I want ice cream or something like that, and I'll take my gummy vitamins when I have a craving for something sweet (the Smarty Pants brand of adult multi vitamin+fiber is six per serving, it's practically like eating a fruit snack!) but for meals, I try to stick with "whole" foods.


Comments

Popular Posts