What I'm Doing (and Reading, Listening to, Eating...) This Week


Happy Humpday, y'all!


Do

I'm focusing on getting back into my rhythm this week. I had developed a really great schedule before I got the flu and I've had a difficult time getting it back. Sunday I was up too late, so Monday I had one of those sluggish mornings (which used to be daily for me) where I wake up with 10 minutes to get out the door. Seriously, being a morning person takes real effort for me. I'm so envious of people who only need one alarm before they joyfully leap out of bed. I leave the house around 6:35 in the morning and I love being up at 5 because it means I can make a real breakfast and actually put makeup on (LOL I swear my coworkers don't recognize me when this happens) and just do dishes or fold laundry or do whatever thing I decided wasn't worth my time the evening before (read: anything productive). In January, I loved working out in the mornings, but now I love making other productive moves with them. As long as I'm out of bed by 5:30, I call it a win.

Sorry wow that was probably more than you cared about and if you're still with me, I give you a genuine THANKS! 

So my DO for this week is productive mornings and active evenings/lunch times (I love having my evenings to myself so if I can workout on my lunch break, I will). I'll post a couple of my workouts from this week tomorrow. I've been loving weight training and can only keep myself on the treadmill with some heavy distraction (usually sorting through emails...I seriously never delete my emails and deleting/categorizing old emails is enough of a distraction, I can stay on the treadmill forever). I'm trying to love cardio. It's hard, guys. What do you do to keep yourself going when you're doing a workout you don't love?

Eat

Guys I made the bombest (that's a word now) "burrito bowl," /probably more like taco salad but I feel like people roll their eyes when you talk about DELICIOUS salads lol. It had...
  • Quinoa
  • Ground turkey
  • Black beans
  • Medium salsa
  • A scoop of guac
  • Corn
  • Spinach (I think this is what makes it a salad...lol)
Pretty basic ingredients but I seasoned the living poo out of my turkey (I hate poultry LOL but find ways to tolerate it. This means 12 different seasonings on ground turkey and eating exclusively shredded chicken) so that it wouldn't be too bland and plopped it on top of the rest of the ingredients. Yum.

I've also been on a big poached egg kick. I love having two poached eggs accompanied by two pieces of Dave's Killer Bread (it has enough protein that I don't feel bad about the carbs ;) for breakfast. 


Read

I'm currently reading The Pact by Jodi Picoult. It's about this couple who takes a suicide pact but only the girl follows through and so far it's kind of an investigation as to whether or not it was murder by the boyfriend or if he just didn't have time to follow through before the cops responded to the reports of a gunshot. I'll do a whole review when it's finished (and it will be a lot better than this terribly-written synopsis I promise ha ha) but so far, so good!

Watch

The only constants in my life are carbs and The Daily Show. So yeah, I've been watching that (though I've been in a state of discontent ever since Jon Stewart left) and re-watching Desperate Housewives, which I truly think is the best show created to date. Fight me on that.

Listen

HELLOOOOOOOO obviously the Black Panther album is fire. Kendrick Lamar, SZA, ScHoolboy Q, Khalid, Vince Staples, Jorja Smith, and SO MANY MORE are all on this 14-track MASTERPIECE. Jorja Smith is so underrated - I saw her at Bumbershoot this summer and she was amazing. Just go listen.

Also, I've been binging the Lady Lovin' podcast - I think Greta and I were separated at birth. If you haven't heard of Lady Lovin', it's a wonderful podcast hosted by former The Hills star, Lo Bosworth (though she definitely doesn't want that to be her defining characteristic... except I think she'd be largely irrelevant otherwise?) and two other ladies, Greta and Jilly. All 3 of them lived in New York when the podcast started and now Lo is back in California...I think Greta is too but I can't keep up and realistically you don't care. They talk all about love, sex, work, entrepreneurship, city life, and just other normal daily-life things. It's pretty unfiltered stuff, so maybe don't listen around the kiddos. 

That's all for now! What are you guys up to this week? I'm always on the lookout for podcast/book suggestions! See y'all tomorrow ♥

Comments

Popular Posts